Eco Australian Patchwork and Stitching Magazine features Mr Moe Tash



This month's Australian Patchwork and Stitching Magazine Vol 13 No 10 features my softie pattern Mr Moe Tash.  He was a fun to make character that I set myself the challenge of not buying any new materials and further to use recycled materials if I could.

 
The inspiration for Mr Moe Tash was  Hercule Poirot who is described by Agatha Christie in her novels as egg shaped.  He needed a winning grin and marvelous moustache, and had to look dapper.
 
I made his arms, legs and body out of two recycled men,s business shirts.  I also used some of the buttons for decoration.  I used leftover homespun and brown print fabric from another project and I found some red check fabric in my mother's stash.

 
It was so fulfilling to reduce my stash (just a little) and in return come up with a cute soft toy friend (he is destined to sit by my computer as company - who can resist such a gentleman with a glorious moustache).  

Comments