Thursday, December 6, 2012

Eco Australian Patchwork and Stitching Magazine features Mr Moe Tash



This month's Australian Patchwork and Stitching Magazine Vol 13 No 10 features my softie pattern Mr Moe Tash.  He was a fun to make character that I set myself the challenge of not buying any new materials and further to use recycled materials if I could.

 
The inspiration for Mr Moe Tash was  Hercule Poirot who is described by Agatha Christie in her novels as egg shaped.  He needed a winning grin and marvelous moustache, and had to look dapper.
 
I made his arms, legs and body out of two recycled men,s business shirts.  I also used some of the buttons for decoration.  I used leftover homespun and brown print fabric from another project and I found some red check fabric in my mother's stash.

 
It was so fulfilling to reduce my stash (just a little) and in return come up with a cute soft toy friend (he is destined to sit by my computer as company - who can resist such a gentleman with a glorious moustache).  

No comments: