Rocket and Astronaut softie in this months Patchwork and Stiching Magazine


This months Patchwork and Stitching magazine is all about technology and for that theme I just had to make a space toy.

I've loved space toys all my life.  My favourite childhood toy was my Princess Leia doll.  I loved that doll so much.  I could even do the bun hairstyle on her (and believe me when I tried again as an adult, it was really hard).

I've been fascinated by tin robots as well.  In fact, robots are possibly my favourite group of space toys as an image.


For patchwork and Stitching I decided to create a rocket.  I had certain ideas.  I liked the fatter style of rocket.  it had to have portholes so you could see what was happening inside, and it had to have an astronaut.  I think the end design worked out rather well.

 

If you are trying out the pattern yourself, the fabric I found for the little space travellers in the portholes was "Retro Rocket Rascals" from Michael Miller. I loved the effect of this one.

Comments

This is too cute. Do you by any chance sell the pattern? I sew for the kids in the hospital in Washington (USA). They would love this.

Dona
sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

donareynolds8(at)comcast.net