I made my own Polo Shirt and designed the fabric too!

I have always loved the clean and comfy lines of polo shirts but have been always too scared to make my own. I thought the collar and the facings would be too challenging.  But I recently got hold of Kwik Sew pattern 2765 and I was amazed at how easy the pattern actually was. 
The sizing on the pattern was great (no tester required - yay) and the instructions were nice to follow. 
This is the result - a polo shirt made up using my Spoonflower fabric design "Shards of Sheer Aqua" in modern Pique fabric.  I designed the fabric on paper using pencils and I wanted to include grey and aqua - some of my favourite colours.
This fabric was lovely to sew with and I would recommend Spoonflower modern Pique as a shirt fabric to anyone.
I used some great Knitwit iron on stretch interfacing on the facing and collar and on the shoulder seams.



I am definitely going to make more from this pattern.

Comments