Calming plant stitches for when you have to stay inside - try my free embroidery pattern







We may all be sick of having to stay in when we really want to be outside. I wanted some more green things in my work from home space, so I created this simple embroidery of things from my garden - Monstera leaves, Peace Lily, and fern fronds among others.

Please feel free to give it a go if you are also keen for a little colour.  I sized the stitchery to be A4 but as you can see it could be split to 2 quite nice A5 versions as well. 



This version is done in simple stem stitch - 2 strands for the outside edges of the big leaves and 1 strand for the inside veins and all of the ferns because they are so delicate.  I have also included a quite sketch of what the embroidery would be like if you made the veins solid (possibly long and short stitch).




Comments