This is the second in my series of egg cozies designed to celebrate both Easter and Doctor Who.
I am creating the egg cozies in a random order as inspiration hits me and this time its the War Doctor from "Day of the Doctor" as portrayed by John Hurt. He has a wonderful beard and that was my focus with this cozy. The back is decorated with the words "No More" (of course).
- 1 sheet of felt in each of the the following colours: flesh, silver grey, black and tan.
- Embroidery thread: DMC Black, DMC Grey 414, and DMC 3863 Tan
- Small scrap fusible webbing
- HB pencil
- matching sewing thread
- embroidery needle
Follow the same method to make as described by my previous post: http://sharlzndollz.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/free-craft-project-whotastic-egg.html
Stitchery is worked in two strands of embroidery thread in the following colours:
- DMC Black -"No More" lettering in backstitch and jacket in blanket stitch
- DMC 414 Grey - Hair in blanket stitch, moustache and half beard in blanket stitch, edge of beard bottom in backstitch.
- DMC 3863 tan - scarf/jacket edge